Wednesday, March 18, 2015

GovTrack, a pretty cool website for the United States

So, I recently found this website called GovTrack, a website that you can use to track various aspects related to the United States congress  












You can create a login if you want to create an email list for certain things to 'Track' such as current issues being voted on in the House or Senate.   You can also use it to look up information on specific Representatives and Senators, the bills they supported, what votes passed and failed, how your state (if you create the login) Representatives and Senators voted, like this pic, which is the GovTrack page of Junior Senator of Louisiana, Bill Cassidy,  who I can see is a Republican, I can also see that he is the Chairman for the Subcommittee on National Parks,  what he votes Yea or Nay for, and other governmental situations related to him.

 You can also track or view Committee and Subcommittees of Congress, you can look up Bills and Resolutions that have passed, and even see information about what the bill is about, such as this picture, which is of S. 178, a bill related to Human Trafficking, or track a variety of different issues.  If you are interested in keeping up with some things that might not normally hit the news agency circuits, or would like to receive email updates about upcoming legislation related to specific states, you can also choose not to receive emails, and only track through your profile on the website itself.  The profile itself is relatively simplistic, your email, whether you want to receive emails or not, and your congressional district, personally, I think this is an awesome site for those who live in the United States and do take even just a passing interest in what those lazy bums in Congress are doing.  Please note that the web address is  a    '   .us '    not a    '.com '  when typing into your search bar.

Link to the GovTrack.us website


Thanks for reading this post, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them, if you would like to follow me, I do posts on a variety of topics which may not always include governmental topics.  If you have anything you think you might like to see a post about, please let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I did not know this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it's what I aim to do :P Let my thoughts out and hopefully let people know things they may not know about or see things from another perspective

      Delete
  2. That is good to know, however, I feel what I believe or say doesn't really matter a lot any more. I hope more people begin to speak out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's becoming more and more common these days, people trying to make others feel like their voice doesn't matter, living in the US being a white male, many definitely try to make me think that my voice doesn't matter because of the 'privilege', but my blog will always be my thoughts on things, although sometimes they may change due to new perspectives, I will not allow my voice to go unheard, as long as Free Speech is still our right.

      Delete